February 27, 2017
You’re invited! Mark your calendars and sign up for an inspiring March 7th webinar, Making Healthy Eating a Habit… Anywhere Kids Live, Learn, Work and Play. This one hour webinar will be presented by Vickie L. James, Registered, Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist and the creator of the award winning Healthy Kids Challenge, now an integral part of School Specialty and SPARK programs. There is no cost.
Please join us to get some simple tips and ideas for integrating nutrition education into kids’ daily world. From classroom to PE, after school and community youth programs, you’ll find SPARK nutrition education resources your “go to” guide for healthy eating for kids!
- Understand the value and need for nutrition education for kids.
- Discover simple ways to implement nutrition education into existing curriculum and youth programs.
- Learn “edu-tainment” tips to make nutrition education fun for kids.
- Discover how Healthy Kids Challenge nutrition education materials available through SPARK can be a valuable guide for your teaching needs.
Learn how you can be part of the healthy solution team for child nutrition!
Highlights include answers to questions like:
- WHERE and HOW do I teach nutrition education?
- Where can nutrition education find a home? How to deal with the time, tools and other issues.
- Are you equipped? Understanding quick, simple ways to teach nutrition education in an integrated approach throughout the school day, or in youth programs.
When: Tuesday, March 7th, at 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern *Note the special time at 5pm Pacific*
Who: Grades K-8 classroom teachers and administrators, PE specialists, health and science teachers, school food service managers, school wellness council members and after school, summer camp, and youth program teachers and staff.
Duration: 60 Minutes