September is Better Breakfast Month!
September 6, 2016
Is there a better time for a breakfast campaign than the start of the new school year? Kick off the year for academic success! From studies, we know that kids who eat breakfast have better concentration and more energy. In fact, eating breakfast can help improve math, reading, and standardized test scores!
If you are an educator or youth leader:
- Help kids hear the message that breakfast is a daily habit that gives GO Power for more energy and better concentration, making school easier!
- Choose interactive lessons that let kids see that breakfast foods can be fun and tasty!
- Plan activities that let them do, such as Healthy Kids Challenge Taste and Learn Lessons that give the option of preparing and tasting a breakfast recipe.
If you are a parent:
- Learn more about actions in your school district to support the connection between breakfast and increased potential for academic success.
- For home, take time with your children to make a list of healthy breakfast ideas. If breakfast is frequently skipped, talk about why. Discuss how to make breakfast a daily habit.