Try a Ready, Set, Cook and Eat Event
September 4, 2015
We have an educational event that showcases quick and easy meal preparation called Ready, Set, Cook and Eat!™(RSCE).
Help kids hear the message that food preparation and cooking can be fun and tasty. Let them see examples of healthy, yummy food choices. Let them do by offering a RSCE event.
Use RSCE in family & consumer science classes, afterschool programs, at parents’ night or community events!
- Three teams are formed with 3-4 participants and a team leader.
- The teams are given 30-45 minutes to prepare a main dish and/or side dishes using items provided for them in a grocery bag.
- Each team has different grocery bag ingredients that vary according to the program showcased, such as breakfast or snack ideas.
- While the teams are busy, 2 emcees move through the audience sharing fun food trivia and healthy eating and physical activity tips. It’s a fun experience for all who attend!
Need more info?
- For further details and step-by-step planning, check out the RSCE event guide.
- Also, see examples of RSCE events HKC provided in partnership with Cigna.