Fruit Salad Fitness
July 31, 2015
Healthy eating and active play go hand in hand for summer fun! Your preschoolers will enjoy helping to make a “fruit salad” with the movement activity below!
Activity adapted from HKC’s Berry, Berry Good preschool booklet
- fruit colored beanbags or small balls,
- a large basket or clean trash can,
- fruit food cards or magazine pictures
- Show pictures and name fruits that grow during the summer (strawberries, blueberries, grapes, peaches, oranges, cherries and such). Point out the different fruit colors.
- Organize kids into groups of 5 and pass out one beanbag or ball to each child.
- Explain that they are going to help you make a fruit salad by tossing their fruit (ball) into the bowl (basket).
- One group at a time, allow kids to toss their balls into the basket and tell what “fruits” they used for their “salad”. Repeat as time allows.
- Encourage kids to eat a variety of colorful fruit for good health.
HEAR – SEE – DO For Summer Learning
Help kids hear the message that fruits are colorful and good to eat.
Let them see examples of fruits.
Let them do by providing fun movement activities.