Celebrate National School Breakfast Week with HKC
February 19, 2015
National School Breakfast Week (NSBW) is March 2-6, 2015. Celebrate NSBW 2015 with the theme of “Make the Grade with School Breakfast.” It highlights how eating a nutritious breakfast helps students achieve success in the classroom and beyond. Get started planning your celebration with SNA’s (School Nutrition Association) free tools and resources.
Recognizing NSBW in your school district or in your cafeteria helps you:
- Increase student participation for your program
- Spread the message to parents that you’re serving healthy and tasty breakfast at school
- Earn media coverage from local papers, blogs, and TV stations
- Connect with teachers and administrators at your school or in your district to spread the word that school meals are healthy
To enhance your NSBW promotions and education, try adding our MyPlate teaching cards to your resources!
- A pack of 50 sets front/back color coded MyPlate cards. Seven cards are secured by a corner grommet, allowing them to fan-out. English and Spanish versions are available.
- Each card provides a simple Challenge message, tips, and healthy choice examples for one of the USDA MyPlate food groups plus one card for physical activity.
- A great tool for educators and a smart give away for families!
- Numerous teaching and learning opportunities. In addition to NSBW, use as a classroom MyPlate teaching tool, with our Explore MyPlate™ event, and even to enhance the Balance My Day Curriculum™.