Diabetes Month Healthy6 Ideas for Kids
October 30, 2014
This Diabetes Month take advantage of the many ways you can help kids and families learn more about diabetes.
- National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP) has tools and resources to help youth learn about diabetes
- “Be Smart About Your Heart: Control the ABCs of Diabetes”, helping people with diabetes learn they are at greater risk for heart disease, and also how they can lower that risk by managing the diabetes ABCs: the A1C test, Blood Pressure, Cholesterol and Stop Smoking.
- NDEP’s Diabetes Resources for Schools and Youth for resources to help children and teens manage their diabetes and stay safe at school.
- American Diabetes Association for Parents & Kids
- World Diabetes Day takes place on November 14th every year and is an official United Nations World Day. In 2014, World Diabetes Day will address the topic of healthy eating and its importance both in the prevention of type 2 diabetes and diabetes management.
- HKC Healthy6 Printables – support kids’ healthy habits with every Healthy6 message during diabetes month and all year long.