Smart Snacks for Kids: How HKC Can Help
September 2, 2014
Hear and See – how to help kids learn:
- Educate kids on Smart Snack Attacks using free Classroom and Afterschool activities, WOWS newsletter ideas, or purchase nutrition curriculum for kids.
Do – how to take action where you are:
- Help kids set Smart Snack Attack goals using HealthyMe Challenges.
Connect – how to take it full circle:
- For parents – Get this “Grab and Go Snack Ideas” tip sheet to support families in choosing smart snacks.
- For school food service – Take advantage of Alliance for a Healthier Generation’s Smart Snack Product Calculator and Team Nutrition’s Smart Snacks in School Resources.
- Simply enter the product information, answer a few questions, and determine whether your beverage, snack, side or entrée item meets the new USDA Smart Snacks in School Guidelines.
- For community groups and additional support – Smart Snacks in School Infographic and Smart Snacks in School Resources