Make School Breakfast Choices, Easy Choices
August 14, 2014
- Look into the Breakfast in the Classroom program.
- Try a toolkit: “Energize Your Day with School Breakfast” toolkit – Find a collection of resources from USDA to establish or expand your school’s breakfast service.
Create bulletin board messages, decorate classroom doors or sponsor poster contests about eating a healthy breakfast.
- Cigna Healthy Balance Toolkit -Share this digital magazine with families and point out the Power Breakfast section for tips, goal setting ideas and support.
Practice Healthy Habits
- Use this month’s Breakfast Challenge in the classroom to discuss healthy breakfast ideas and set goals.
- Send home the “Help Kids Fix Their Own Breakfast” parent tip sheet to reinforce breakfast eating at home.
- Provide a fun afterschool activity with our “Taste and Learn Egg-Me-On-Sunrise Sandwich” breakfast recipe.