National Park and Recreation Month Ideas for Kids
July 10, 2014
What’s better on a hot summer day than a cool, refreshing drink of water? Playing outside in it, of course! We’re starting off this National Park and Recreation Month with some fun ideas for kids to keep them cool — and active outdoors!
- Be sure to check out www.nrpa.org/july for a whole toolkit based on the theme “Out is In”. On social media, search #JULYOUTISIN for more ideas.
- Clothing Dash Splash – A fun relay for kids at the park or playground for cool fun
- Highlight and print a schedule of local Park & Recreation sports, classes and open gym and pool times to give to parents. Or share updates in E-mails and newsletters.
- Work with the local pool to organize a family night for your group. Teach kids and parents how to play Marco Polo, Sharks and Minnows or other games in the water.
- Create a bulletin board at your organization showing pictures of summertime Park & Recreation activities (going to the pool, playing at the park or playground). Challenge kids to do those activities and when completed, post their names on the bulletin board.