Active Play and Gardening?
April 24, 2014
Parent tips are ideal for school event handouts and to link Healthy6 messages to home. Check them out!
- Fruits & Veggies – Every Day the Tasty Way “Variety Adds Appeal“
- Drink Think “Choose POWER Beverages“
- Snack Attack “Healthy Student Incentives”
- Smart Servings “Smart Servings on MyPlate“
- Breakfast GO Power “Quick & Easy Breakfast Ideas“
- Active Play, Balance My Day “Brain Breaks“
- View “Ag in the Classroom” Programs by State. National Agriculture in the Classroom.
- Search Lessons and Curricula. California School Garden Network.
- Get Tools in the Teacher Center. National Agriculture in the Classroom.
- Make Learning Fun in the Student Center. National Agriculture in the Classroom.
- Start a School Garden. Let’s Move.
- Start a Preschool Garden. USDA. Healthy Meals Resource System.
- Teach Kids the FUNdamentals of Gardening. University of Illinois Extension.
- Create an Indoor Salad Garden with Your Children. Douglas County Health Department.
Use Gardening to Teach Children Nutrition Education
- “Great Garden Detective.” Teach 3rd & 4th Graders Nutrition Using Your School Garden. USDA. Team Nutrition.
- “Dig In!” Teach 5th & 6th Graders Nutrition Using Your School Garden. USDA. Team Nutrition.
- “Grow It, Try It, Like It!” Teach preschoolers Nutrition Using Planting Activities. USDA. Team Nutrition.
- Teach Students Where Their Food Comes From. University of Illinois Extension.
- Gardening Resources. USDA. SNAP-Ed Connection.