Plant a Seed: Healthy Kids Activities for Garden Month
April 3, 2014
Help kids plant a seed for healthy habits, literally and figuratively! These HKC Healthy6 classroom and afterschool activities provide easy to teach, fun to learn nutrition and active play education, especially for National Garden Month.
Hear-See-Do: Hear a message—See how to make a healthy choice—Do practice making the choice
- Fruits & Veggies – “Fruits: Nature’s Fast Food Snack“
- Drink Think – “Water Drinking Benefits“
- Snack Attack – “Fruit & Veggie Field Trip“
- Smart Servings – “Eat Your Greens!”
- Breakfast GO Power – “Fruits & Veggies at Breakfast“
- Active Play – “Sock it to Me“
Utilize these in combination with our Balance My Day™ curriculum, other Gardening Month education plans, or get creative with your own ideas. One kids gardening curriculum we are especially fond of is Dig In! from the USDA Team Nutrition. Stay tuned next week for more about kids, family, and school gardens!
Enjoy Garden Month with the kids you lead!