Holiday Pinwheels Recipe
December 5, 2013
1. Refresh your minds…
about why it’s important to choose healthy holiday snacks.
Utilize these printable tips to help get you started:
Explore What Influences Holiday Food Choices
2. Energize your bodies…
with this recipe, which you can make together with the kids.
Holiday Pinwheels (print this)
4 (6-7”) whole grain tortillas
4 oz. fat free cream cheese
1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp tomato paste
4 oz. finely shredded low fat cheddar cheese
1-2 green peppers (to make 1 cup finely chopped)
knife, spoon, cutting board
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling food or utensils.
- Rinse the green peppers, then finely chop to fill 1 cup measure.
- Blend cream cheese and tomato paste together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Place a tortilla on the cutting board and spread 1 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup chopped green peppers and 1 Tbsp shredded cheese on top and roll up.
- Cut each wrap into 4 serving pieces. Use spatula to place them on
- Have kids clean up work area and utensils with warm soapy water. Rinse with clean water.
Come back next week for 2 more holiday challenge ideas to help you and the kids you lead stay on track with your Challenge!