14 Fruit and Vegetable Month Activity Ideas
September 5, 2013
Everyone loves a fresh idea on getting kids to taste (and like!) fruits and vegetables, so why not 14 of them? Our newly redesigned web site is stocked with activity ideas showing you how to celebrate Fruit and Vegetable Month, and make the connections to spread the message everywhere kids live, learn, and play!
In the classroom
- How Many Fruits & Veggies On Your Plate? – grades 3-5 activity
- Colorful Plates Activity Sheet for Kids up to age 5
- Colorful Plates Activity Sheet for Kids ages 6+
- Balance My Day™ – Nutrition Education Curriculum – grades K-8, comprehensive, HECAT-based outcomes
- Berry, Berry Good Preschool Lessons – focus on oranges, blueberries, broccoli, and tomatoes
- Health Works Basic Kit K-8th – fruit and vegetable activities, messaging, and ideas
Just for parents
- Picky Eaters Can Pick Healthy Foods – printable home connection tip sheet
- Colorful Plates: Helping Kids Eat Healthier – printable tip sheet…Discover simple, delicious ways to help your family eat at least 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetables every day.
Just for you
- Healthy Me Challenge – Fruits and Veggies
- Taste and Learn Recipe Book – features simple fruit and veggie snack recipes
For a friendly competition
- Fruit and Veggie Challenge -challenge kids to eat more fruits and veggies in one week
- Colorful Plates Challenge – challenge friends, family, co-workers to eat more fruits and veggies
- HKC Cigna Healthy Balance Toolkit – features “Colorful Plates” messaging, activities, tip sheets, flyers, and goal-setting
- Explore MyPlate Wristbands – in 5 bright colors, a great incentive for reaching healthy goals
Enjoy the activities and let us know how you celebrate Fruit and Vegetable Month!