Refresh, Energize, and Enjoy
June 6, 2013
This summer provide refreshing and energizing ideas that kids will enjoy! Keep it simple, easy and FUN!
Milk the Cow Water Relay:
- Divide kids into teams. Each team has a bucket of water, a sponge and a 12 oz. plastic cup.
- On signal, the first person in line runs to a designated spot, lays down, picks up the cup and holds it on their chest.
- The 2nd person in line fills a sponge with water from the bucket, runs to the person lying down and while standing tall, squeezes the sponge out, trying to get as much water as possible in the cup!
- The person with the sponge takes a turn on the ground, the wet person moves to the back of the line, and the game continues until everyone has had a turn.
*This popular game comes from our Explore MyPlate event guide.
Strawberry Yogurt Shake:
After the relay, energize kids with a healthy Strawberry Yogurt Shake. Let them assist with the prep as much as age and ability allow.
6 c. frozen, unsweetened strawberries (2-10 oz. bags)
2 c. unsweetened pineapple juice
3 c. plain low fat yogurt
- Split ingredients in half for 2 batches.
- For the 1st batch, add ingredients to a blender in order listed. Blend. Serve.
- For the 2nd batch, add ingredients, blend and serve.
Serves: Eight 1-1/3 c. servings or 32 (1/3 c.) tasting samples.
*This recipe comes from Balance My Day™curriculum, Grades 3-5.