Relish the Holidays and our December Action Idea
December 13, 2012
You receive Relish in your Sunday paper already, but did you know there’s a FREE Relish the Holidays tablet edition for the iPad? We have partnered with Relish magazine to help bring you healthy kids recipes and so much more!
Also be sure to check out the following for your healthy kids’ holidays:
- Relish for Moms – Helping parents and kids cook together, eat together, and plan better meals together seven days a week, three meals a day, one bite at a time.
- December Active Play Action Idea – The holiday season is a time for foods and celebration! However, the days are shorter and colder, so we tend to move less. Share the December Active Play Idea with teachers/staff to use and promote healthy, active learning!
- Drink Think – “Choose Power Beverages” – free pdf download. To keep on track with healthy beverages try these tips to keep it interesting.
And here’s just a “taste” of one of many healthy kids recipes Relish has to offer:
“Store-bought rotisserie chicken can be tossed into countless recipes from burritos to casseroles to pastas. Because the bird is already cooked, all you need to do is toss the chicken into your desired meal. [This] is a simple Ramen recipe where rotisserie chicken can be substituted in place of raw chicken breasts.”
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 cup chopped jarred sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 packages Ramen Noodles with 1 seasoning packet
Prep Time – 15 minutes Cook Time – 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a skillet; add chicken and garlic and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, basil and pepper. Simmer over low heat 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles in water according to package directions; drain. Add 1 seasoning packet. Serve chicken mixture over warm noodles.
(Recipe from relish.com reprinted with permission from 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles by Toni Patrick (© 2005, Gibb Smith, Publisher).