Take the Healthy Kids Challenge: Race for the Place, Breakfast Tips, and The Challenge
July 6, 2012
Race for the Place – Monthly Action Idea
Kids practice place value as they perform relay activities.
1. Ask kids to imagine they are competing in the 2012 Summer Olympics in a Track and Field Relay event.
2. In a large area, divide kids into groups.
3. Let each group decide on a country they will represent for the Olympics (assist, if needed).
Access the entire activity in the Monthly Action Idea section of our web site.
Breakfast GO Power – Become a Breakfast Eater!
Brainstorm Breakfast Menu Ideas
Here are some traditional and nontraditional healthy foods to try at breakfast:
- Granola, dried fruit, low-fat yogurt.
- Whole-grain tortilla wrap with melted low-fat cheese, scrambled eggs and salsa.
- Slice of leftover pizza, berries, low-fat milk.
For more Breakfast menu ideas, go to our Take Healthy Action with Kids page and click on Parent Tip Sheet Download.
The Challenge: Be Active Your Way.
Make time this month for being more active in a way that you enjoy. Whether it’s walking or biking, you know what you like, so carve 15 extra minutes out of your day.