5 Kids Activities for Fruits & Veggies-More Matters Month
September 1, 2011
- Take the Eat Your Colors Challenge -this is from a My Healthy Challenge monthly publication, which includes 5 challenges to eat your colors. Challenge yourself and challenge the kids. For more info, click here: http://www.healthykidschallenge.com/newsletter-signup
- Join America’s More Matters Pledge to Fight Childhood Obesity – From the Produce for Better Health Foundation, pledge to improve your own fruit and veggie intake, your family’s, or your school’s. Got to http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/?page_id=12135
- Take the MyPlate Makeover Challenge – Consumers can upload a snapshot of their meal plate, showing how they made half of it fruits & veggies, to the Fruits & Veggies-More Matters Facebook page. Receive a coupon and be entered in a drawing for a free weekly $100 grocery gift card!
- Use the Eat a Tasty Rainbow activity pages – for kids 5 and under, and kids 6 and over. These are from the Colorful Plates section of the Healthy Balance Toolkit http://www.cigna.com/health_money/healthyKids/families.html
- Try the CDC’s recommended “30 Ways in 30 Days to Stretch Your Fruit & Vegetable Budget”. Involve kids in trying all the ways they can eat healthier AND stay within a budget. http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/publications/index.html
Throughout September I’ll be posting anything and everything to do with kids and fruits & veggies – favorite online resources, blogs, recipes, and more. Send me your favorites and I’ll include them too!
- Fruits & Vegetables: Part 2 of the Healthy Kids Challenge Way to Teach MyPlate to Kids (healthykidschallenge.wordpress.com)