Last-Minute Tips on How To Win A PEP Grant
May 9, 2011
With the 2011 PEP Grant deadline closing in, here are the essentials you need to win the competition!
- Commit to creating a culture of health, where the total environment supports healthy eating and physical activity opportunities every day. We have teamed up with SPARK to offer comprehensive solutions. To date, more than 100 PEP grants have been awarded to organizations that chose to implement SPARK curriculum/training! We can help you align your program with the HealthierUS School Challenge with comprehensive training for improving school meal programs, nutrition education, and physical education/physical activity.
- Plan an IGNITE workshop into the proposal. Utilize SPARK’s NEW Resource Guide for PEP Applicants, found at the following link: http://www.sparkpe.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/SPARK-PEP_Resource-Guide.pdf
- Integrate nutrition education into physical education classes and the school day utilizing HKC resources, training, and distance assistance. Sample text for grant writers is available on HKC’s NEW Grant Guide page at http://www.healthykidschallenge.com/evidence-based-solutions-help-grant-applications-implementation. And we can help you utilize the Health Education Currculum Analysis Tool (HECAT) to identify, implement, and evaluate needed changes.
If you have questions about the process or need more assistance, please contact us toll-free: 888-259-6287, or email email@example.com, or contact SPARK toll-free: 800-SPARK-PE, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 New PEP Grant Writing Resources (healthykidschallenge.wordpress.com)
- Timely Trio: The PEP Grant, Healthy Kids Challenge and SPARK (healthykidschallenge.wordpress.com)
- 6 Tips for 2011 PEP Grant Writers (healthykidschallenge.wordpress.com)