6 Tips for 2011 PEP Grant Writers
March 29, 2011
The 2011 PEP Grant competition is here! Here are some tips from Healthy Kids Challenge and our Physical Education partner, SPARK, the most field tested and research based PE program ever. To date, more than 100 PEP grants have been awarded to organizations that chose to implement SPARK curriculum/training!
1. Commit to creating a culture of health, where the total environment supports healthy eating and physical activity opportunities every day.
2. Plan an IGNITE workshop into the proposal.
3. Integrate nutrition education into physical education classes utilizing HKC resources, training, and distance assistance.
4. Create and/or enhance physical activity and nutrition-related policies that promote healthy eating and physical activity throughout students’ everyday lives.
5. Create or enhance the nutrition education component of your health education curriculum.
6. Measure elementary and middle school student nutrition using appropriate assessment tools. HKC can design these tools for you!
To make it easier we have some sample text for grant writers at this link.
If you have questions about the process or need more assistance, please contact us toll-free: 888-259-6287, or email email@example.com, or contact SPARK toll-free: 800-SPARK-PE, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.