Teacher Tips: Healthy Classroom Rewards
March 28, 2011
Here are some tips for transitioning from candy and food rewards to healthy non-food rewards. A simple key to success is to show your excitement about the rewards, and in turn the kids will get excited too! Add to the culture of health at school by using these nonfood rewards and jumpstart your own creative ideas.
Fun for all ages:
- Extra music and reading time
- Homework coupon
- Time for music and dancing
- Coupon for prizes and privileges
- Music while doing school work
- Chat break at the end of class
For specific elementary, middle, or high school tips download our Healthy Classroom Rewards tip sheet for motivational ideas anytime!
What non-food rewards are tried and true in your classroom?