Eat Right with Color Challenge: Week 3
March 17, 2011
1. Veggie Fresh. At the market, make it a point to purchase some fresh vegetables on sale and eat them for a meal within 24 hours.
2. Color your snack with calcium. Try low-fat cheese and apple slices, use blended low-fat cottage cheese as a veggie dip, top canned fruits with low-fat yogurt, or drink a glass of low-fat milk.
3. Canned on hand? Eat a can of veggies from your pantry. Keep a good supply using Del Monte’s handy pantry list.
4. Be Creative! Combine different fruit and veggie colors and flavors. Strawberries/bananas, tomatoes/peppers, or pineapple salsa.
5. Nature’s Fast Food. Carry home-made fruit snack packs when traveling or on the go!
Coming up next week are colorful recipe and texture challenges…