Top 5 School Breakfast Week Ideas
March 7, 2011
Happy School Breakfast Week! There should be more than just 7 days to bring attention to the benefits of breakfast, don’t you think? After all, every one of us should eat-and enjoy-breakfast every day. So in honor of this special week I’ve put together a list of online resources to enlighten and encourage everyone – kids, families, teachers, staff, everyone to EAT BREAKFAST!
1. School Breakfast Detectives-The Search for Super Energy – tools, menus, and more from School Nutrition Association
2. Planning Breakfast Menus – a classroom activity for 4th or 5th graders
3. What is the secret to GO Power? – bulletin board or display idea
4. National School Breakfast Week WOWS – an E-newsletter with action tips and ideas
5. Power Breakfast Tools – part of the CIGNA Mix Six for Healthy Balance Toolkit. Click on Families to access the Breakfast section.