Active Play for Healthy Holidays!
December 8, 2009
From the Healthy Kids Challenge dietitians to you and your families:
We wish you the happy, healthy holiday season you most definitely deserve!
To help make this wish come true, here are 5 tips for fun family physical activity during the holidays:
1. Try a nature scavenger hunt outdoors if the weather allows.
2. Turn on some peppy music and dance indoors.
3. Play a game of animal charades. Players will get added stretching if they walk like the animals!
4. Check out a library video on gentle stretching or low impact exercise that all ages can try.
5. Go for a family walk prior to a holiday event – indoors or outdoors!
For more Active Play ideas click here.
In my family it’s #5 that works. After dishes are done, my aunts and cousins all go on a walk together outdoors if the weather is nice. What gets your family moving during the holidays? Do you have ideas to share?