11 Healthy Quinoa Recipes for Kids
January 26, 2012
Get kids into the kitchen with these quick and easy to prepare quinoa recipes. They’ll love the versatile little super-grain as it teaches them some handy cooking skills!
- Confetti Quinoa – Thanks to fellow blogger Roxann McCann (the Nursing School Blog) for sharing this easy snack or side dish from KidsHealth.org with us.
- Quinoa, Corn, and Tomato Salad – A taste of summer in this quick recipe from Cooking Light.
- Orange Quinoa Salad – An especially colorful, nutrient-rich recipe also from Cooking Light. This salad can easily go from snack to side dish to main dish with the suggestions provided.
- Quinoa, Spinach, and Walnut Stir-Fry – Simple and fresh ingredients and easy too; thanks to our friends at Relish.
- Mexiquinoa Salad - Another from Relish, and fun for kids to make too.
- Pecan-Quinoa Breakfast Bowl - Yes, quinoa for breakfast!
- Summer Salad of Quinoa and Raisin-stuffed Tomatoes - A yummy California Raisin Board recipe.
- Quookies – Quinoa cookies, that is. Enjoy these when you want a sweet treat with a little extra nutrition. Thanks to the Super Healthy Kids blog for their creativity in cooking for (and with) kids!
- Breakfast Quinoa - Simple, filling and easy for kids to help make!
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad - A tasty side dish, which can easily be made into a main dish if you wish.
Enjoy! Let us know if you like these!